Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dad and son letters


dad,
Yeah that is a way sweet subject!!! i bet thats going to be tons of fun!!! Mckenzie is in your class thats way cool too!! i hope she does better  than alex... hahah she didnt last too long.

2 weeks ago was pretty lame but this last week was awesome i loved it. one of our investigators who was going to be baptized got prego and disapeared so that was kinda lame. 

We have a mission conference tomorrow so thats going to be good. hopefully that will get the mission excited and they can go work hard our mission goal for baptisms is 800 this year and we only have 400 rn so we need lots of help from up above. lots of missionaries out here just dont get it its frustrating.

remember that one time we took that last ride on the motorcycle before you sold it  and we recked... haha good times 

I love you pops have a wonderful week.
ELder FIfe


On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Joseph Fife <jnsfife@gmail.com>wrote:
Hey Son.  I had my first day today of the new school year.  I am teaching a new class called Jesus Christ and the Everlasting Gospel.  It is awesome material!  How can you go wrong - Jesus and the Gospel.   I have McKensie Fife in one of my classes.  That was fun!  She seems to be liking her USU experience so far.  Hope it works out better for her than Alex.  I also had Daniel Lemon in class.  He was insistent that I tell you hello.  He seems really good.  I think the mission did wonders for him.  Seemed to have found some humility.  He was pretty big I guess he had worked out throughout the miss.  Says he is going to try out for the football team this spring.  Some girl asked if I was your dad.  And others wanting to know how you are doing.  Can't even remember all of them.  But no one from your miss came and introduced themselves yet.  I will wait for that.  tomorrow is my returned missionary class so maybe I will see them tomorrow.  

I know your last week was rough.  But I also loved what I heard in your resolve to keep on rocking through.  As you know the number one tool the devil uses against missionaries is discouragement.  I loved to hear your perspective and assurance that junk happens but things will be better.  I hope and pray this week was less frustrating and happy.  I know you are doing such a wonderful work and giving people the opportunity to change and find joy and happiness through the plan of Salvation.  

Jimmy was here for the weekend and that was great to spend some time with him.  I am very lucky to have such a big Brother.  Cade, Cole, Haley and Hannah can relate to that.  

I love you Son.  I feel such joy in your missionary service.  Me and Mom are so humbled and happy to have the honor of being your parents.  Love you so much my Boy

dad

No comments:

Post a Comment